Sunday, February 17, 2008

chosing words carefully

my sons are at an age where absolutely everything is taken in, processed and spit right out again. a favorite being when my words or exact inflection is repeated....

when leaving the store..."Was that fun, mommy? was that fun?"

after signaling it's time for bed..."Two seconds, mommy. Just two more seconds."

as i hand over the toy i've just retreived from a high shelf in the closet..."Good job, mommy! you got it!"

when repeated efforts have been made for me to dress up like a princess or fairy and climb inside the tent they have made out of blankets and the diningroom chairs...."Can you just try once for me, mommy?"

it's adorable...all of it. i swear, i can be in the worst mood or completely preoccupied with some task or some thing and those little sentences just slay me.

we've been in the midst of potty training. at the tail end (no pun) with no accidents for days now, but there is still the occasional check. today i'm right out of the shower, in my bedroom and my boy says, "can i smell your butt, mommy?"

oh, i have to have a little talk with mommy honey later about that one. and i had just got them to stop calling farts, 'butt hiccups'....she thought that was hilarious, as well.

No comments: