Saturday, June 21, 2008

under the covers....

music....music....how i love it so. can someone tell me where i've heard Brett Dennen's, "Ain't No Reason", out in the world? a movie perhaps? i just can't stop playing it lately. felt the same way about Amos Lee....and Ingrid Michaelson! where did she come from? "The Way I Am" is damn catchy. when i find a good song i swear it's magical and healing and somehow restorative to my core. anyway, that's not what i wanted to ramble about.....

someone mentioned covers. i married a musician so i know a thing or two about these matters. (although i think i like music more than she does) and covers, well, that's a tough call. ya have to have a special something to release a cover. could be the arrangement or the quality of the vocal but either way, it has to be beyond the original lest it fall flat.....

so tonight...at this, the midnight hour...i give you the cover mix blasting in my headphones.

coverlist

What are some of your favorite covers?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I have to go to Playlist and update my music now! I love your choices, and there's quite a few on your list that I've never heard of, so I'll check them out!

Music -- oh how maudlin can I be? -- really is the soundtrack of life.

::::hanging head in shame:::::::